Education: Activities & Documents
Answering Questions About the Effect of Salinity on ClimateDesign your own experiment based on the activities conducted for the following outcomes:
- Explain the relationship between fresh water and ocean dynamics.
- Determine if global precipitation, evaporation, and the cycling of water are changing.
- Explain the influence of the El Niño Southern Oscillation on global weather patterns.
- Explain the influence of ocean salinity on the thermohaline circulation (e.g., ""global conveyor belt"").
- Describe how changes in the ocean's circulation can produce large changes in climate.
- Explain how climate variations can induce changes in the global ocean circulation.